Proseuche Devotions
Daily Word
Psalm 9
The LORD reigns forever;
he has established his throne for judgment.
He will judge the world in righteousness;
he will govern the peoples with justice.
The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.
Those who know your name will trust in you,
for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. –Psalm 9:7-10, NIV
John 9
1As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"
3"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. –John 9:1-3
Meditation
Prayer
Pray, then, in this way:
'Our Father who is in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. –Matthew 6:9-13
Find a moment of silence and reflect on the words,
“and do not lead us into temptation.”
We know that God my test us, but He does not tempt us (James 1:13).
Where does temptation come from?
What is tempting you?
Action
Remove a “temptation” from your presence today.
3 comments:
I needed to read this yesterday morning! I confess I really messed up last night. I binged on peanut butter and homemade jam. It wasn't pretty. I am pushing the restart button today...Could use your prayers. I feel like a failure in the fact that I blantantly choose the food. I feel like Esau...
Jen,
How blessed we are to have a Savior that understands our weaknesses and knows that we are but dust. With Him, we can always have new beginnings. You are not a failure; you are human. We all need prayer and we're all learning as we walk with Him. You are precious and beautiful to God.
Praying for you, Janet
Thanks Janet.
Post a Comment