Proseuche Devotions
Daily Word
Psalm 13
How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me? . . . .
But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.
–Psalm 13:1-2, 5-6 NIV (Emphasis added)
John 13
When he had finished washing their feet,
he put on his clothes and returned to his place.
"Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them.
"You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so,
for that is what I am.
Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet,
you also should wash one another's feet.
I have set you an example
that you should do as I have done for you.
I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master,
nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.
Now that you know these things,
you will be blessed if you do them.
–John 13:23-26
Meditation
Prayer
Pray, then, in this way:
Our Father who is in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. [For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.] Amen. –Matthew 6:9-13
Find a moment of silence and reflect on the words,
“For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.”
Praise our King who is glorious!
Worship the Beautiful One—
the One who is worthy of all honor and praise.
Action
No comments:
Post a Comment