Proseuche Devotions
Daily Word
Psalm 20
Now I know that the LORD saves his anointed;
he answers him from his holy heaven
with the saving power of his right hand.
Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the LORD our God
–Psalm 20:6-7, NIV
John 20
Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance. So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, and said, "They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don't know where they have put him!"
. . . Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed. (They still did not understand from Scripture that Jesus had to rise from the dead.)
Then the disciples went back to their homes, 11but Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb 12and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus' body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot.
They asked her, "Woman, why are you crying?"
"They have taken my Lord away," she said, "and I don't know where they have put him." At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.
"Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?"
Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him."
Jesus said to her, "Mary."
She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher).
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "
Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: "I have seen the Lord!" And she told them that he had said these things to her.
–John 20:1-2, 8-18, NIV
Meditation
Prayer
The Apostle Paul’s Prayer: Eph 3:12-21
In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory.
For this reason I kneel before the Father,
from whom his whole family
in heaven and on earth derives its name.
I pray that out of his glorious riches
he may strengthen you
with power through his Spirit
in your inner being,
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts
through faith.
And I pray that you,
being rooted and established in love,
may have power,
together with all the saints,
to grasp how wide and long and high and deep
is the love of Christ,
and to know this love
that surpasses knowledge
that you may be filled to the measure
of all the fullness of God.
Now to him
who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,
according to his power
that is at work within us,
to him be glory in the church
and in Christ Jesus
throughout all generations, for ever and ever!
Amen.
Find a moment of silence and reflect on the words,
“For this reason I kneel before the Father.”
Why did Paul kneel before the Father?
Why would he kneel? How does our physical posture affect our spiritual mindset?
Action
Try praying in the posture of kneeling today. Journal your experience. (If you are unable to physically kneel, find a posture you are able to maintain and use this during prayer).

No comments:
Post a Comment