Monday, September 13, 2010

Proseuche Devotions: Day 18

Proseuche Devotions
Daily Word
Psalm 18
For the director of music. Of David the servant of the LORD. He sang to the LORD the words of this song when the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. He said:
 I love you, O LORD,
       my strength.
 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
       my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
 He is my shield and the horn of my salvation,
       my stronghold.
 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
       and I am saved from my enemies.  –Psalm 18:1-3, NIV

            Read Psalm 18 (NASB, NIV)  
                    Listen to Psalm 18 (NASB, NIV)

John 18
Jesus, knowing all that was going to happen to him, went out and asked them, "Who is it you want?"
"Jesus of Nazareth," they replied.
"I am he," Jesus said. (And Judas the traitor was standing there with them.)  When Jesus said, "I am he," they drew back and fell to the ground.  Again he asked them, "Who is it you want?"
And they said, "Jesus of Nazareth."
"I told you that I am he," Jesus answered. "If you are looking for me, then let these men go." This happened so that the words he had spoken would be fulfilled: "I have not lost one of those you gave me."  –John 18:4-9, NIV

            Read John 18 (NASB, NIV)           
   Listen to John 18 (NASB, NIV)

Meditation

Prayer
The LORD said to Moses, "Tell Aaron and his sons, 'This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them:
"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you            and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."'”
–Numbers 6:22-26

            Find a moment of silence and reflect on the words,
            “the LORD turn his face toward you.”
           
            God is looking at you in love.
            He sees all that is going on in your life.
            He cares for you.
            Pray to this One, who is seeing and hearing you today,
                        and every day.             
           
Action
So often people feel ignored an unappreciated.  Ask God to show you one such person in your path today, and show them appreciation for who they are and what they do.  Let them know that you see them, that that you are listening.



No comments: