Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Proseuche Plan: Recipe Ideas

Thoughts
It seems that we have a variety of meal plans being pursued, and I think that is awesome.  God makes us unique, and we each have a path that is unique for us.  What I do see in common with them, is that we are trying to eliminate toxins.  I think that if we laid together all of our plans, side by side, we would find that they have one thing in common: eat fresh food.  Tonight, I am going to write down a few of my own recipes and low-sugar meal plan staples.

My hope is that we will all participant in the comments, as a community, sharing with one another.  In this way, God will use each of us for the blessing of others.  (P.S. - Remember to take a peek at past posts for newer comments)

A Few Low Sugar Snacks
  • Raw Almonds: The first thing I purchased for this journey were the Trader Joes Raw Almond snack packs.  If I am not around this store, I buy a large bag of raw almonds and put them in snack bags.  Then, I can grab one as I head out the door.
  • Pink Grapefruit: I know, they are tart, but when you are allowed no, or little sugar, they become the most wonderful treat.  My fridge is full of them right now, waiting for an afternoon snack.
  • Ants on a Log: I make a little twist on this old favorite, replacing peanut butter with almond butter and raisins with blueberries.  To make This fun and tasty treat, you will need celery, almond butter, and blueberries.  (Really, you just need celery, something creamy, and decor.)  Slice the celery stalk into three or four pieces, fill the center with your creamy filling, and add some fun on top!
  • Homemade Beef Jerky: For as little as $35 you can purchase a food dehydrator and make your own beef jerky.  Look online for recipes (or share them below) and have some dhydrating fun!
  • Greek Salad: It only takes a few minutes to chop up some tomatoes, celery, onion, and feta, finishing with olive oil and vinegar.  And wow, is this is a nice snack. 
  • Sandwich Meat Roll:  Right now I have some "everything free" sandwich meat in the fridge waiting to be rolled up with a slice of cheese, a pickle, or tomato.  This could also turn into lunch.
  • And what would you recommend?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

salsa makes a good salad dressing. It also is great to pair with beef or chicken for dinner.
I also am planning to make a dish I ate a lot in Israel: chopped tomatos and cucumber with olive oil and fresh basil; maybe a little garlic.

Unknown said...

A quick breakfast we enjoy is making some pancakes with Organic Sprouted Grains flour and we add in raw sprouted almonds, sunflower seeds and raw unsweetened cacao with some raw kefir or raw cream. When we want a truly raw dish we cook the pancakes on an electric skillet under 118 degrees which preserves almost all of the living enzymes and nutrients.

This morning we had a smoothie made from cucumber, zucchini, carrots, 1 tiny piece of cantaloupe and a few strawberries in raw cow's milk. It sounds weird but its so delicious the two kids, husband and baby really enjoyed it.

Since I have several dietary needs and am nursing my fast is quite different but I am excited about doing this with ya'll!
Blessings
Mariana

alicia said...

For on the go breakfast, make mini quiche in large cupcake pans. Mix together onion, garlic, fresh rosemary, turkey bacon and spinach, saute it in a lil butter and olive oil. Next whip together 6 eggs with about a cup of milk. Pour sauteed mixture into button of cupcake pan and pour the eggs on top, sprinkle with whatever cheese you prefer. bake until firm at 350' don't forget your liners.
They are great for on the go during the week just pop one in the microwave and wella breakfast is served.