Sunday, August 29, 2010

Proseuche Devotions: Day 4


Proseuche Devotions
Daily Word
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD,
make me dwell in safety.  –Psalm 4:8, NIV
            Read Psalm 4 (NASB, NIV)  
   Listen to Psalm 4 (NASB, NIV)

The woman said, "I know that Messiah" (called Christ)
      "is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."
Then Jesus declared, "I who speak to you am he."  –John 4:25-26
            Read John 4 (NASB, NIV)           
   Listen to John 4 (NASB, NIV)

Meditation
            Today with Oswald Chambers

Prayer
Pray, then, in this way:
         Our Father who is in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.  And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. –Matthew 6:9-13

            Find a moment of silence and reflect on the words, “Your kingdom come.”

One way that God’s kingdom comes is through the Holy Spirit in us.
What would it look like for the Kingdom of God to reign in your life?
What one difference or acknowledgement in you is God calling for today?


Action
Take a few minutes to read the devotional and journal your response.



2 comments:

elise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elise said...

I want to share with you something that I will be praying about during our "proseuche" days.
During our garden prayer time in Princeton I wrote something "interesting" in my journal—thought I wasn’t really sure why I wrote it. Interesting enough, last week I picked up a old journal (one I used to write notes in at church) and I found an entry that was few years old, and it was almost the same idea as the one I had in the garden. I’m still not sure exactly what to make of the idea or what do with it, but I will be praying about it. I'm usually guilty of not journaling enough but, in answer Diane's question, this is another good example of why to journal at all.