Thursday, August 26, 2010

Proseuche Devotions: Day 1


Proseuche Devotions
Daily Word


. . . his delight is in the law of the LORD,
       and on his law he meditates day and night.
 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
       which yields its fruit in season
       and whose leaf does not wither.
       Whatever he does prospers. –Psalm 1:2-3, NIV


         Read Psalm 1 (NASB, NIV)  
Listen to Psalm 1 (NASB, NIV)


In the beginning was the Word,
      and the Word was with God,
      and the Word was God.
He was with God in the beginning.

 Through him all things were made;
       without him nothing was made
       that has been made.
In him was life,
       and that life
       was the light of men. –John 1:1-4, NIV


         Read John 1 (NASB, NIV)        
Listen to John 1 (NASB, NIV)


Meditation


Prayer

            Find a moment of silence and reflect on the words, “Our Father . . .”

Pray and ask God to reveal what it means for Him to be your Father. 
What kind of Father is He?  What does it mean to be His child? 


Action

            What is your Proseuche Plan
When will you start?
When will you finish?
Do you have a prayer partner?   
    

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is really cool. I started Psalm 1, Prov 1 and John 1 last night. I guess that I will just revist and stay with you on this. I am doing the 6 structured diet. I know that I will definitely need prayer on following through! "No discipline seems pleasant at the time but for those who have been trained by it produces a harvest of righteousness." Heb 12:11

Diane said...

this morning i woke up excited, nervous, a bit fearful and hopeful at the same time. I need this! I want to honor the Lord so badly but when it comes to food it has been my comfort, friend, and rebellion more that the Lord. i need structure and accountability. so here i go...

elise said...

I will start my fast on Sunday. I am excited about the devos (since I don't have a structured daily one) this will be good. I'm glad we can be "connected" this way.

AnneMarie said...

I am starting on Sunday so that when the caffeine withdrawl comes from lack of coffee (yes possibly and idol) I can sleep off the headache.:) I am excited about what the Lord is going to reveal during this time set aside to honor Him. Changes are all around me and hope that I can't set them aside to hear His voice. Jackie & Jazzy would like to do it too but maybe not for the spiritual aspect. :) Jazzy maybe since she is praying about a mission trip to Hati during Christmas break.

Melisa said...

I start today and I sort of feel like the little kid at the end of the diving board: I know I can do this through Christ but the deep water of sugar withdrawls is ahead of me. Here I go....

Janet Werner said...

I'll be starting on Monday and doing the Trim Program, but will cut out artificial sweeteners. It will be amazing to hear what the Lord has to say to each of us. . .