Proseuche Devotions
Daily Word
Psalm 30
Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me;
O LORD, be my help.
You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.
–Psalm 30:10-12, NIV
Acts 10
One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, "Cornelius!"
Cornelius stared at him in fear. "What is it, Lord?" he asked.
The angel answered, "Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God.
–Acts 10:3-4, NIV
Meditation
Prayer
The Apostle Paul’s Prayer: Eph 3:12-21
In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory.
For this reason I kneel before the Father,
from whom his whole family
in heaven and on earth derives its name.
I pray that out of his glorious riches
he may strengthen you
with power through his Spirit
in your inner being,
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts
through faith.
And I pray that you,
being rooted and established in love,
may have power,
together with all the saints,
to grasp how wide and long and high and deep
is the love of Christ,
and to know this love
that surpasses knowledge
that you may be filled to the measure
of all the fullness of God.
Now to him
who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,
according to his power
that is at work within us,
to him be glory in the church
and in Christ Jesus
throughout all generations, for ever and ever!
Amen.
Find a moment of silence and reflect on the words,
“to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus.”
How is God glorified: a.) in the church; and b.) in Jesus Christ?
How is God glorified in you?
Action
Glorify God for Jesus Christ!
1 comment:
inscrutability-impossible to understand. I have had a wonderful quite time with God. How I long for daily time like this with Him. When he clearly speaks to me through his word I am reminded that I may not understand but I can trust Him. Life is sweeter when I am unable to see the future but know that I can trust him with the outcome. Tozier is right we can't always trust the church for our relationship and direction with Christ. It is in the personal quiet times that we know our path. For me I know that I am on the right path with you. Let us encourage one another in that direction. Let us dream with Christ about the future of Spiritual Interface. The Lord has put on my heart to pray for an event outside of Fort Lauderdale. Um....where will God have us go? How will he make it happen? Let's be praying specifically for those things God has put on our hearts and not be afraid to share with one another. Thanking God for our future together. In Christ Service Juls
Post a Comment